CONNECT – BE ACTIVE – KEEP LEARNING – GIVE – BE MINDFUL
A lifestyle that prioritises learning has strong links to mental wellbeing. Learning new skills and bettering old ones are key not only for professional growth but opens our minds to new opportunities.
Academic learning clearly has economic benefits, aids employability and promotion. Learning a new skill has been seen to impact on confidence, grow support networks, increase self-esteem and enhance overall wellbeing.
HOW CONTINUALLY ENCOURAGING LEARNING HELPS IN A WORK CONTEXT?
Learning is a never ending process and it continues regardless of our age, qualification, title or status. Businesses that encourage learning in the workplace provide a space for growth and sustainability, encouraging collaboration.
HOW TO ENCOURAGE LEARNING AT WORK
- Foster a learning culture
- Encourage learning that is practical and mirrors your company values
- Be mindful that each person has their own pace and style of learning.
- Look at ways to learn how to improve your current work position or perhaps take on a fresh challenge
- Rediscover an old interest
- Sign up for a course or hobby which you’ve been meaning to do.
“Happiness and learning are very closely linked in our minds: positive experiences activate an area in our brain which accelerates the learning process.”